Re: [NTLK] Build your own Newton?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 02:45:19 EST

on 10/28/01 10:54 PM, The Compulsive Splicer at splicer_at_paroxysm.com wrote:

> I'm pretty happy with my 2000, but I do believe it's too big. I really
> liked the 130 form factor; the 2000 won't fit in the pocket of my
> leather jacket, so I have to put it in a shoulder bag if I'm going to
> bring it anywhere. That's inconvenient, and means my Palm comes with me
> more often than Newt does.

I can't judge the 2k form factor, but I do agree that the 130 is a
comfortable size. BN (before Netwon) I carried a Junior desk-sized Daytimer.
It was more than just a daytimer, it was a wallet, of sorts. My Newtons, in
their Calise-styled cases have been a bit smaller than that old Day-Timer
wallet. In fact, I tried that wallet, and it was too big. :-) The Newton
doesn't tend to collect as many papers as that old paper-based Daytimer, and
so, stays smaller. The pocket holds my cell phone, and it is carried just
about everywhere, at least everywhere I would have carried my Day Timer,
were I still using it. In that light, the Newton is a mile-stone forward
from the "old days" and it's a perfect fit. As you said, the screen size
can't get any smaller, and if the unit were any smaller, it would be harder
for me to hold.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland