Re: [NTLK] [OT]Re: [NTLK]Re - comparative advertising

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 02:45:19 EST

on 10/28/01 11:22 PM, Daniel Padilla at daniel.padilla_at_wanadoo.es wrote:

> If I had to advertise a product, I wouldn't spend my money and add time
> speaking about some other product. People can compare by themselves.

Not neglecting the fact that such ads can backfire against you. The classic
example is the Wendy's ad in America years ago. In it, some old woman walked
into "another" burger joint (McDonalds was the obvious link), looked at her
burger, and loudly said, "Where's the Beef?" This ad won awards, and made
that woman famous. Unfortunately, in the end, it turns out that customers
equated "where's the beef" a negative question, with Wendy's! It actually
hurt their sales. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland