Re: [NTLK] OT: Lo-Fi-IPod

From: James N. Johnston (jimthej_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 09:11:46 EST

on 10/28/01 5:14 AM, Oliver Brose at oliver.brose_at_t-online.de wrote:

>>> Back to your point: Basically, MP3 is for Joe Consumer, who doesn't care
>>> much about quality (that's why MP3s from the net rarely exceed 128kbit),=
> bu=3D
>> I care about quality, but my hearing aid doesn't.
>
> Sorry, no offense meant.
> Actually, I've once read that people with disabilities regarding the
> recognition of certain frequencies tend to be more conscious about the
> limitations of MP3-encoded material...
>
> Let me reconfigure Joe Consumer for this case as a person with ears not
> offended by MP3, for whatever reason. No positive/negative implications.
Wasn't offended, just wanted to point out that there are lots of us folks
out here who would like to hear what you hear again.

P.s. I don't think of it as a disability any more. I think of it as an
ability to unobtrusively tune out of a boring conversation while not having
to act! intensely interested. 8^)

Jim Johnston
Teacher
Mac Smacker