Re: [NTLK] Belated thoughts

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 15:09:04 EDT

on 10/25/01 3:46 PM, JForsterMD_at_aol.com at JForsterMD_at_aol.com wrote:

> There is no feature about the icon that tells you that file was the one you
> have been using. If the OS is truly going to replace paper files, I feel that
> it should tell you by its appearance that you have used it. There should be
> some 'feel' to the look.

Do you mean that the more you use a file, the more "ragged" and worn it
should look? Interesting concept. Show wear around the edges, dog-ears,
little bits falling off, turning grimy, with finger marks, etc. Something
simpler to do in OS X than in older Mac versions, and probably than on
Windows (although the new Xperiment may improve things a bit)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland