[NTLK] Lo-Fi-IPod

From: Hagen Lang (Hagen.Lang_at_t-online.de)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 19:33:35 EDT

Hello,
being provocative, can someone give me a clue what this MP3-stuff is=
 all
about?
I am into HiFi-audio for 20 years now (being 36 I hope at least someone
remembers this old-fashioned/outdated audio-standard???) and MP3 with
highest bit-rates sounds like a Brian Eno-bootleg-lp from =B479
(on Mac OS as well as on Windows 2000, to avoid flaming) on my current
120 kg Focal-Evolution-speakers. Before MP-something=B4s audio quality=
 is
not
at least close to any 70=B4s Hi-Fi standard, not to speak of
audio-CD-standard, I regard all those products as rip-offs. Or does
someone ponder to enhance the
audio-quality with some nice 500$-headphones ? ;-)

Regards

Hagen Lang