Re: [NTLK] "iPod"

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 15:36:28 EDT

on 10/23/01 8:43 PM, Gerstein, Sam at Sam.Gerstein_at_BOS.StreamServe.com
wrote:

> Sorry, SJ's hype just bugs me- "There's been nothing like this before. And I
> don't think there's another company that could do this" Yah.. .whatever.

The big gripe I've read about every other mp3 jukebox is that it is
difficult to impossible to manage the music on these things. In other words,
you have no real control over what gets played. If the ipod fixes that
problem in spades, then they've got something. Add to that the fact that
it's a seamless addition to iTunes and my existing Mac, and an external hard
drive to boot, and you've got me interested. It's not the obvious things
sometimes, but the more subtle, that matter. We get so used to expecting
revolutions, that we can't see the more peaceful changes, and some of us are
so biased, that we can't even see a good thing when it's sitting in front of
our faces.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland