Re: [NTLK] left-handers and HWR on newt

From: good-dog_at_northshore.net
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 00:17:08 EDT

First of all, to all who wrote in response to this thread: A Big "Thank
you". I'm working on my friend to have her try out a newton. She's
pretty enamored with her Palm VII right now. We shall see.

"Paul G. Grothaus" wrote:

> As to how I learned to write both ways, I am a natural lefty and owe this
> ability to Sister Alice, my kindergarten through second grade teacher. She
> made all of us "sinister" children sit on our left hands during penmanship
> classes, forcing us to learn to use our right hands. She actually extended
> this restriction to the playground and would reprimand us for throwing a
> ball with our left hand! Now, I can do almost anything as well with my right
> hand as with my left. Unfortunately for me, when it comes to athletic
> pursuits, that means equally bad!

There are vast implications in your story. You must have been the one
person people wanted to guarantee got on the 'other guys'' team in team
sports in school. This would insure their loss. That seemed to be my
role in school P.E. basketball. I appeared to be a good player because I
could do anything else good-enough to darned good. They found out pretty
quick how bad I was and basketball, and I was only right handed. Just
imagine a team of such players. There could be a new world record for
negative numbers scored. The mind staggers at the thought.

Anyone else genetically designed to destroy sports teams by their very nature?

Mark