Re: [NTLK] Apple to unveil ... - OT, rant.

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 19:42:37 EDT

Ouch! Hindsight is great, huh.
Apple never released the specifics about Newton's Loss/Profit sheet. I
posted some URL's to suggest Newton was profitable, otherwise Gil S. would
have never spun it off. Remember, he alone 'cut the fat', Steve just
waited till the last drop of blood to take the throne.
Answer this question, why was he not the CEO and just a iCEO?
------------------
> When Steve killed the Newton Apple was hemorrhaging money. Dozens of
>projects (many of them competing against each other), poor implementation
of
>licensing, and years of inept "leadership" was killing Apple.
>
> One of the first things Steve did was to say 'Focus is saying no'.
>
> Many people think that Steve killed the Newton because it was Sculley's.
>Some think it was because Steve wanted to keep the technology in-house.
>Remember that Apple was spinning off the Newton at the time. I happen to
>think is was a little of both.
>
> If anyone ever popped the question to me 'What would you rather have at
>Apple? Newton or Jobs? ' Well to me that is a no brainer. I'd take Steve
>any day.

!ooW %-)
"Ask not what your country can do for you,
Ask what you can do for your country."...JFK, 01/20/1961

Pres. of Los Angeles Newton Users Group!