Re: [NTLK] Newton UnProtect

From: Adam Warner (lists_at_consulting.net.nz)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 21:26:25 EDT

On Mon, 2001-10-22 at 14:12, (someone) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could you tell me where I can find this 'UnProtect'?
>
> I've got a bunch of Z-Machine text adventures that I like to use with my
> licensed copy of Yazi...but by default it creates pkgs that are protected.
> I'd really like to move my many text adventures to my storage card.

That's a superb reason for needing UnProtect.

> Will UnProtect allow me to put these pkgs on a card?

Yes it will but be careful about moving packages that break the OS when
moved to the card. If the package isn't an OS extension you should be
OK. It is really useful for recovering scare internal Flash RAM space if
you observe the OS extension caveat.

http://www.unna.org/unna/utilites/system_enhancements/EEUnProtect/

Regards,
Adam