[NTLK] NPDS Trackers - sharing!

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 13:25:23 EDT

This was already mentioned on the NPDS list, but I thought it would be
good to announce it here. We now have a "network" of NPDS tracker
servers! If you point your browser here:

http://misato.chuma.org:2110/ (located in Guelph, Ontario, Canada)
or here:
http://shakti.continuity.cx:2110/ (located in New York, New York, USA)

you will see that these two NPDS tracker server are sharing their lists of
NPDS servers with each other! (They might be a little out of sync, but
verify their entries with each other every 30 minutes).

If there's anyone out there who's still trying to use Matt's old Tracker
Server at

http://130.126.50.66/tracker.cgi

it's been down for a while now and probably won't be returning. (It still
serves web pages, but no Newtons can connect to register.) You should
configure your tracker client to point to one of the new trackers above.
For more info about NPDS, updated packages, and joining the NPDS mailing
list, see the new NPDS development home:

http://npds.free.fr