Re: [NTLK] How "international" is Newton OS?

From: Chris Searles (csearles_at_netcologne.de)
Date: Sat Oct 20 2001 - 07:31:42 EDT

>Yes, if you have a German dictionary or word list you can contact Paul Guyot
>and he'll make an Newton Package out of it.
>
>I'm quoting a posting he made to this list recently that will explain some:

Yes, I do remember that thread now that you mention it. At the time
though I didn't realize how useful the disscussion would be. Do you
happen to know how foreign language fonts are then dealt with in such
dictionaries (e.g. the German umlaut)? Can the Newton OS also be expanded
to deal with the recognition of such fonts?

Thanks again,

Chris