Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100 Stolen

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 01:12:21 EDT

on 10/18/01 11:57 AM, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_mac.com wrote:

>> My life, er my Newton 2100 was lost

I can certainly relate. Mine was lost/stolen several years ago, and I
certainly felt that I had lost a major chunk of my life, and indeed I did,
as so much was on that little guy. I checked a bunch of local consignment
stores and went to the open-air market for several weeks, and it never
showed up. Mine was like yours, in that it was keyword protected, and
useless to whoever bought it. Oh, and it was English. :-) Funny enough, it
showed my phone number on startup, and whoever took it certainly had the
freedom to say they had found it (I left it in a shopping buggy) and they
never tried to contact me. :-( I do hope you get yours back.

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry