Re: [NTLK] VNC 3.3a2 avail

From: Grant [Postage Paid] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 23:48:14 EDT

In a previous message, Steve Weyer typed vigorously:

>> One question Steve... how did you get the screen grabs you show on your
>> site? When I use NTK to captur ethe screen, the image is massively
>> stretched horizontally and appear in 1-bit mode. Likewise, when I use
>> Paul's GIF server that comes with my NPDS setup, I get a capture similar
>> to the blank screen I was describing with 3.3a1 - the application frame
>> and Newton soft buttons are visible, but the remote screen area appears
>> blank.
>
>I used NTK 1.6.4 (on Mac) to grab the screenshot, then use GraphicConverter
>to get it directly from clipboard. do you have same NTK version (if your
>version is older, maybe it doesn't know about grayscale? I don't know about
>ability of other export tools (Xport etc.) w.r.t grayscale

It turns out that I needed to be using a newer version of the Toolkit App
(1.3) on my Newton (thanks to Victor for pointing that one out) to get
screen dumps via NTK. Now that we've got that sorted out, maybe Paul can
explain why the NPDS GIF server doesn't see the VNC screen contents.

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/