Re: [NTLK] Apple to unveil new digital device next week - OT, rant

From: Darl Singh (darl_at_xpress.net.nz)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 21:23:32 EDT

Hmmm - 380 + CD's and a hundred or so albums (Vinyl) here.

No MP3's tho....burning that much music just never really appealed :-)
Hey Eric - if you think that many $$ is bad on the software, you _really_
don't want to know how much the hardware cost!
Ahhh well -as with all things - everyone has their passions.

To bring this back on track - or maybe I'm just trolling! - I have a hard
time seeing how a bunch of people that have been somewhat severely bitten -
insert your particular reason, explanation or justification here - by this
company can get excited over another bunch of well-styled transistors that
could become the next Newton - or Pippin - or Cube.........-etc- at
Corporate whim.

Note I (still, Jon! ) have no problems with Apple's (Read: Steve's) *right*
to make these decisions - the only issue I have is with the *manner* in
which they were made - which for those of us in NZ, was particularly
ill-handled.

Apple have proven to me they don't give a d*mn about their customers' repeat
business.
That's their perogative - you can't _force_ a company into good business
practice.
I have my own perogative.
I love my Newt. Only now, ?5? years after its demise, are other machines
_starting_ to approach its potential.
So - will I ever buy another Apple product?
Unless directly related to keeping my Newt running, NO. emphatically - NO.

Apple designs great stuff. They need to Think Different - because that ain't
enough.

Look for a company that _will_ treat you, the customer, with Integrity, and
reward your loyalty.
Else, as the saying goes - Caveat Emptor.
My personal favourite: Bite me once - shame on you. Bite me twice - shame on
me.

My thoughts. My problems :-) Flames to me off-list please.

-D