Re: [NTLK] VNC 3.3a1 now released

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 08:07:19 EDT

> From: Richard Harbottle <r.harbottle_at_ic.ac.uk>
>
> Hello Steve,
> As I mentioned earlier I can connect for example to my mac using VNC on
> my 2100. I connect successfully and up top it says iMac 1024X768. The
> screen remains blank. But, one thing I have noticed when I use VNC is
> that in the status bar at the bottom it allways says Update(full) - does
> this mean anything? I haven't changed any settings on my newton or the
> mac.

that msg appears whenever it starts an update; it does "full" at beginning
or after a scroll; otherwise, it will periodically (@ Refresh pref) check
for incremental updates (unless preempted by a user event). if you're not
seeing anything appear on screen, it looks like it's just waiting for data.

(someone else suggested possibly changing Encoding pref to Raw)

Steve