Re: [NTLK] Apple to unveil new digital device next week

From: SlashDevNull (SlashDevNull_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 03:57:16 EDT

Hello,

  I was a little off on the size. It is actually 32 Gigs of MP3s. I have
1.82 gigs of Tori Amos MP3s alone! Older CDs (the ones that originally
released as albums @ 40mins total) are @ 60 megs each. Newer CDs are @ 100
or so megs each.

  With hard drive prices as low as they are, I really didn't see a reason
not to transfer all my CDs to my G4. My CDs are on the second floor with my
entertainment system and all my MP3s are on the first floor in my office.

  The convenience can't be beat. And as a previous poster said
'Occasionally you hear a song you haven't heard in a long time.'. It's
kinda cool.

  And you can burn CDs to carry in your car. So you don't have to worry
about scratching them in the car or losing them. And instead of having 10
CDs in your car and each CD having 2 good songs, you can burn 2 CDs of all
good songs.

  I highly recommend having an MP3 server. I am listening to more music and
watching less TV (Of course that means I am working more, but there has to
be a trade off somewhere). :)

David