Re: [NTLK] Apple to unveil new digital device next week

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 14:03:50 EDT

at the temporal coordinates: 10/17/01 1:52 PM, the entity known as Eric L.
Strobel at fyzycyst_at_home.com conveyed the following:

> at the temporal coordinates: 10/17/01 1:34 PM, the entity known as Laurent
> Daudelin at laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com conveyed the following:
>

>> Anybody wants to make a guess?
>
> Check out the take on ThinkSecret:
>
> http://www.thinksecret.com/features/digitalhub.html

And, following up on my own post...

http://www.macobserver.com/article/2001/10/17.9.shtml

This contains some more speculation (rather detailed) as to what sort of
device might make sense. The scary thing is, it DOES make sense, and would
really be a boost to Apple on the consumer side. The gist is that the
device would be an MP3 player with one of the new, tiny multi-GB drives and
fed over the FireWire port. Further, since MP3 is just another codec to
QuickTime, other content could be played as well.

In fact, I'd go further... Why not have a device the size of one of those
little LCD TVs that you can play video on? After all, if one wants to have
a hardware appendage to go with iTunes, why not one to go with iMovie as
well?

- Eric.