Re: [NTLK] Printing via Ethernet ?

From: Andy Wells (andywells_at_hotkey.net.au)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 01:02:53 EDT

Paul Nuernberger <pen1_at_spiff.net> wrote

>Just a wild thought here - I once ran into a HP LJ that had multiple
>connectors. It would only listen for Appletalk on the 8-pin mini din, not
on
>the ethernet port. Can't remember which model it was. Check the manual
>verify that it says it will listen for Appletalk over ethernet.

When I picked this one up at a clearance sale ( still prints Really well )
it had no manual, and I've been unable to find one online at hp, or anywhere
else for that matter :-| I have found a page listing it's error codes though
which has been handy.

Not at home so I can't recall if it has a mini din or not, it does have a
9pin serial and a parallel port as well as the ethernet ....hhmm I'll have
to investigate
Still have had no success as printing from my eMate as I've said in previous
posts. So am studying netatalk howto before giving it a try.

 thanks for your thoughts

Andy

Andy Wells
Systems Administration