Re: [NTLK] Message: replace battery on FM card

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 00:30:57 EDT

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Rodney Tamblyn wrote:

> Today I got a strange error message saying that the battery on my
> flash memory card (an Apple 4Mb Newton card) needed to be replaced
> otherwise data may be lost. I didn't know that flash memory cards
> have batteries in them! Anyone experienced this error before?

This is actually a bug in the OS. Make sure you have the latest system
patch installed for your machine:

Finding out your OS Version:
http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/newton-faq-nos.html#IIIA3

The most recent OS Versions and where to get them:
http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/newton-faq-nos.html#IIIA2