Re: [NTLK] Pen Scanners and the like...

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 15:56:16 EDT

on 10/15/01 8:22 PM, John Del Pizzo at jdpizzo_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Oh, man... give me a "Brotherly Shove" any day of the week. We wouldn't mind
> it so much if the people out here would just learn how to drive. Merging
> onto a highway does not require you to come to a complete stop on the
> on-ramp! Drives me up the wall...

Hey, you picked one of Pittsburgh's (many) worst problem areas. Driving in
Pittsburgh is a fine "art." I think that Western PA is the only place on
earth where you go North to go South and East to go West, or drive 10 miles
to go a distance of two miles as the crow flies. :-) I remember getting off
22/30 (going into town from the airport) in Greentree, heading toward
Pittsburgh, and missing my turn. Instead of simply turning around and going
back, it turned out that I had to get back on the highway, go up the hill,
going the opposite direction, and get off at the same exit (again going the
opposite direction) and go back through the whole mess again. (The road down
the mountain is or was a one-way street!!)

I like to say that Pittsburgh is a great place to be from--far away from.
:-) I'm proud of my city, of our sports teams, our history, but I don't want
to live there again. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland