Re: [NTLK] Windows XP OS

From: rpatel_at_accelrys.com
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 11:48:18 EDT

Hi

>>I wasjust wondering if anyone has any experience with the new OS,
>>specifically how compatable it is with older windows based newton
>>programs, like Newton connection kit and LookOut. Any info would be
>>appreciated. If/when I load the new OS I will post info on how I found
>>the programs to work.

Haven't had many problems with W2k and XP seems a largely cosmetic
overhaul of W2k with a few more annoyances thrown in (I'd ask why
bother upgrading but thats another topic entirely).

All I can suggest ist try the application and see what happens.

How much Newt Windows software is 16bit ? How much is 32bit clean ?

My guess is MS will be supporting old 16bit windows apps for awhile to come.

Raj.