[NTLK] Service technician thoughts

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sat Oct 13 2001 - 18:34:52 EDT

>I know this is not a big help in curing the problem, but at least now you
>know what this is all about.
>(and you also know how a service technician is taught to think ;-)

A Siemens service technician once taught me his definition of
methodic and logic thinking...

If his car breaks down with a flat tire, he swaps the wheels on
the side where the flat is in a way that the back wheel is replaced
with the front wheel and vice versa. If the defect is, after that,
not at the place where it used to be, the flat tire must be what
keeps the car from rolling...

Frank