Re: [NTLK] NUGWash --- AAAArgh!

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 14:52:01 EDT

on 10/12/01 2:15 PM, Filmer, Paul E. at pfilmer_at_nsf.gov wrote:

> I have a family affair that I dare not back out of. And it has been
> scheduled for ...tonight. Dagnabit! This means that I will be a no-show
> for NUGWash III.
>
> My regrets to all, I hope we can schedule another one soon.
>
> Hope you all enjoy your Newting and pizza tonight!

Do we have an idea of how many people are going to show up? Would anybody
planning to attend reply to this thread? Steve Dockery is already out,
somebody else yesterday said he couldn't be there, Woo Lee (who has been
suspiciously quiet since I offered to help him with his work ;-) won't be
there, so who is left, besides Sean and me?

-Laurent.

casting the runes n.: What a guru does when you ask him or her to run a
particular program and type at it because it never works for anyone else;
esp. used when nobody can ever see what the guru is doing different from
what J. Random Luser does. Compare incantation, runes, examining the
entrails; also see the AI koan about Tom Knight in "Some AI Koans" (Appendix
A).