Re: [NTLK] Ethernet on 130????

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 12:43:23 EDT

on 10/12/01 12:13 PM, Ken Whitcomb at ken_at_imageguild.com wrote:

> FWIW, I have an access point and (1 mb/sec) wireless card that works on my
> 120 and 130. The access point connects to my ethernet lan by either 10BT or
> 10Base2 connections. I'm able to print and to connect to NCU with this
> setup.
>
> If anyone wishes to tear apart the drivers for this, I'll pass them along
> but I'm not going to bother posting them to UNNA or elsewhere because it
> WILL NOT work on a 2X00 machine (believe me, I've tried!!!) and it will not
> work with any other ethernet card. But there may be data inside the driver
> that will help someone build a driver for other ethernet cards for the 120
> and 130.

Hmmm, I don't think that this well help much, unfortunately :-( The drivers
have been necessarily built from compiled C++ source code, so apart from
decompiling in assembler and looking at the mess, I don't think that this
would help anybody, besides maybe Paul Guyot!!!

Thanks for the offer, though.

-Laurent.

Evil Empire n.: [from Ronald Reagan's famous characterization of the
communist Soviet Union] Formerly IBM,now Microsoft. Functionally, the
company most hackers love to hate at any given time. Hackers like to see
themselves as romantic rebels against the Evil Empire, and frequently adopt
this role to the point of ascribing rather more power and malice to the
Empire than it actually has. See also Borg and search for Evil Empire pages
on the Web.