Re: [NTLK] NPDS on a MP130?

From: Way (firstvln_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 10:08:12 EDT

Paul Guyot wrote:
>Setting up a Newton with a router to serve web pages is a several
>steps-process:
>
>a/ configure the Newton as a client of the router to have a regular
>internet access on it. This depends on your router (hardware,
>software), but it's similar to configure any other computer (except
>that it's easier IMHO)....

Thanks for the detailed instructions Paul. Much of it I don't understand,
but it's a start! Maybe there should be a page on the NPDS website
describing in detail how to do this (pics would be great too!).
Also, is there a way for users to download packages from the Newton server?
It would be neat if my Newton could be the repository for my software!
Maybe only packages from a specified folder for security sake.

Thanks for the help!

Way Wong
Byte-Size Software
http://home.earthlink.net/~firstvln/bytesize.html