Re: [NTLK] HTLK: money & profits aren't everything

From: Templarsog1_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 13:51:30 EDT

In a message dated 10/11/01 1:11:27 PM, laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com writes:

<< I hear this comment (make money) here and there, but, where do that stop?
Is
there some kind of limit to that? Is this the ultimate goal in life, make
money?

Just some thoughts...

-Laurent. >>

Here! Here! How much money is enough? Apple itself seems to be doing nicely
without having to resort to chasing down every possible profit angle. They
have a fairly profitable niche although they would like it to grow slightly.
The stores will be a nice adjunct to the digital hub/lifestyle concept. All
Apple all the time.

Think about this: Dell since 1997 has not made one dime of 'profit' selling
PCs. All it's 'profits' have come from stock, option, futures trading for
it's own account using company stock as money.What does that tell you? It
tells me that you can't take a dollar product and sell it for 90 cents and
expect to be in business over the long term. IBM could crush Dell like a bug
any time it wanted to. I hope it happens. My prediction: Within 5 years there
will be two personal computer manufacturers:
IBM & Apple. Aside from a couple of really small basically garage operations
everyone else will be out of business.

On another note, in a past issue of Forbes it was mentioned that Steve Jobs
is giving serious consideration to taking Apple private. It would no longer
be a public company. This to insure its survival so that it would not be
swalled up by some company that does not care about Apple and its devoted
user base.

To show support for Apple I would reccommend that everyone interested own at
least one share of Apple stock. This can be done very easily at:

<http://www.oneshare.com>

Buy it and Hold it- Long Live Apple!

Just my thoughts
-William