Re: [NTLK] NUGWASH :-(

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 12:12:38 EDT

on 10/11/01 5:00 AM, Woo Lee at vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> Sorry NUGWASHers, but I also must bow out. :~(
> My schedule is messed up. Even with my trusty Newts. I am stuck at work.
> Next time Paul F., we'll have a speed test...on our Newts. of course.
> I have sent Paul F. and Steve D. packages containing pictures and coffee.
>
> I soooo wanted to fly over, take a pic. as I board the plane with a sign
> that reads 'Up yours, Osama'...and I'm not talking about the soda 7up.
> ------------------
>> Argh. I regret to tell the Washington area Newton users that I must bow
>> out from this Friday's NUGWASH meeting. Something came up suddenly that
>> requires my presence.

Arghhh! Woo! I was so much expecting to be there! How can you be working
when you could meet the Washington DC Newton users???

There must be something you can do? Can we take a little bit of this work
and help you out? Anything we can do?

-Laurent.

code monkey n.: 1. A person only capable of grinding out code, but unable to
perform the higher-primate tasks of software architecture, analysis, and
design. Mildly insulting. Often applied to the most junior people on a
programming team. 2. Anyone who writes code for a living; a programmer. 3. A
self-deprecating way of denying responsibility for a management decision, or
of complaining about having to live with such decisions. As in "Don't ask me
why we need to write a compiler in COBOL, I'm just a code monkey."