Re: [NTLK] IrDA printing to HP laserjets

From: Paul G. Grothaus (pgrothaus_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 00:42:27 EDT

on 10/10/01 5:12 PM, SlashDevNull at SlashDevNull_at_mac.com wrote:

> Sounds like the Newton is not sending the proper codes to cancel the job.
> I am not sure how to fix the drivers on the Newton but if some one codes a
> package that has a 'soft' button that sends a 'finish job' command that may
> work. Just click the button after the job is finished. I know that is a
> bit of a kludge but....

Kludgey yes, but would still beat turning the printer off and on. Anyone
know how to do this?

> Instead of pressing the job cancel button, try doing a full reset. That
> may do it.

There is no reset button. The printer has a "Go" button which takes it on or
off-line and a "Cancel job" button which is supposed to clear any pending or
hung jobs from the printer's memory. Neither button restores the ability to
print from the Newton. Only turning the power off and then back on, which
takes several minutes to cycle.

Paul G. Grothaus, Ph.D
95-228 Aumea Loop
Mililani, HI 96789