Re: [NTLK] "What Could Have Been" Anecdotes

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 00:32:21 EDT

I had a palm user tell me something similar.
He saw my Newt and was with a friend and they were
beaming stuff between a handspring and a Palm VII.
They looked at my Newt and said that I couldn't "join
in any of their reindeer games" because I had a
Newton. Then they proceed to laugh. I wrote "I don't
think so" and hit "speak" and let my newton tell them
personally! Then I fired up small dog's IRDA app and
proceeded to beam them my card...
Needless to say, you could hear a Newton whisper after
that...

Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Alexandre Enkerli <aenkerli_at_indiana.edu> wrote:

> Well, some of the reactions I get to my MP130 has
> more to do with its size
> than anything. Two of my great friends (who knew I
> had a Newt) were just
> LOLing when I produced my green friend from my
> pants' pocket.
>
> *BUT*
> I did have a funny thing happen to me in the metro
> recently. Maybe I sent
> it already but I can't find it in the archives...
> So...I'm in the metro, taking notes on my Newt. This
> guy comes by me and
> stands there for a little while. When I look at him,
> he shows me his
> PalmOS device and tells me that this is what I
> really need. Keeping my
> cool, I start telling him about the advantages of my
> Newt (HWR, screen
> size, etc.) while his face starts to change. Then,
> halfway between two
> stations, he gets to the door without saying a word,
> his face telling a
> sad story of disapointment and envy. I'm not even
> sure this was his stop.
>
> Alex, in Montreal

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...