[NTLK] FS: Newton 120 (2.0) and 2000 bundle for sale

From: James Bradt (newt_at_bradt.dyndns.org)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 14:33:24 EDT

I apologize if 'for sale' messages are not kosher on this list but I wanted
to give the members of the list first dibs before it went onto ebay (most
likely as separate auctions)

Since my employment requires that I make use of various different PDA
technologies, I need to sell the following bundle:
-----------------------------
   Newton 2000 - not upgraded but does include the SER-001 enhancement
      original stylus
      clean body - there is a small chip (1/8" deep vee) missing on a corner
of the unit near the I/R port
      clean screen - there are 2 small scratches that show up under bright
light - I don't notice them under normal conditions
      backlight is strong
      door and the retaining tabs are in working order - the door does
contain some small scratches
      the rubber on the feet there

I used this on a daily basis for over a year now and I am still impressed
with how well it works. (it really depresses me on how advanced the Newton
was).

   Newton 2000 accessories
      new BTI battery - charged only once
      xjack modem - megahertz xj4288 (28.8 modem - 14.4 fax)
      xjack ethernet - 3com/megahertz 3cxe589et (some would say *RARE* :)
      10MB card (intel series 2 flash card)
      (2) - 4MB cards
      print pack cable
      keyboard
      9 watt power supply
      serial dongle
      newton-mac serial cable
      newton-pc serial cable
      AA battery cage
      2 packs of emate pens (unopened - 24 in a pack)
      PCMCIA card blank
      original box, manuals, literature, and disks (including an unused
registration card - does that match up with the newton pin?)

----------------------------------
   Newton 120 - OS 2.0
      original telescoping stylus
      body has seen some wear but is still solid - no cracks
      screen flip lid is in good condition
      screen is in good condition - 3 scratches that I can see under bright
light - the longest is 1/4" long on the right side of the screen
      the battery cover's tab that locks the cover in place is broken - a
piece of black tape works well to keep it in place - also, the previous
owner had drilled a hole for the reset button
      the rubber on the feet is missing
      I have not used the 120 in a while but it does power up with no
problems. However, the backup battery will most likely need to be replaced.
      Newton 120 accessories
      power adapter (7 Volt)
      Apple 2MB card
      newton-pc serial cable (homemade)

I have almost $700 US invested in these items. I am asking $600 US plus
actual shipping and insurance (approx 10 lbs) from Grand Rapids, MI 49546.
Of that, I will donate $50 US to the newtontalk list (to make up for my past
sins of not donating for the 2 4MB memory cards that I purchased :(

Any questions, you can contact me at bradtj'at'home.com or
newt'at'bradt.dyndns.org.

Thanks,
jb

James Bradt