Re: [NTLK] offtopic: the cube?

From: Chet Johns (tcjohns_at_home.com)
Date: Sun Oct 07 2001 - 21:01:52 EDT

Sorry for going off topic a bit but...

Two days after apple announced the death of the cube I bought one for my
wife (she had been eyeing them for some time). She got the 500 MHz with 1.25
GB ram, 60 GB hard drive and 17 inch LCD monitor. She decided to go with
CD-RW instead of DVD. What a sweet machine. It speeds through graphics and
really makes Mac OS X shine. I guess we're one of those who should have
bought it early on in order to prevent its death. I personally don't see any
fault lines in the plastic housing or dead pixels in the screen. It was
really a better fit for her desk than the G4 tower would have been. A lot of
our friends drool when they see it (compared to their beige dell boxes).
Maybe it will return some day. Like the Newton, I think people will look
back and realize what a technological marvel it really was. (I heard one is
going on board the space station or similar).

Chet