Re: [NTLK] airports and Newts [Tangent: Amtrak]

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 04:30:46 EDT

on 10/3/01 11:52 PM, Guy MITTAUX at guy.mittaux_at_free.fr wrote:

> Did you heard about the explosion in the chemical industry ?

I've been following it on the news. It was a true tragedy. I remember
hearing about it only shortly after the blast, and they had shut down the
airports or something, and stopped communication into and out of the city.

Supposedly, it was merely a bad mixture of chemicals, not anything
intentional.

I'll tell you what surprised me were the picture of cars several km away,
and they were crushed, merely by the concussion of the blast (and probably
from other cars, but it didn't look that way) It was an enormous mess. I
have American friends who sometimes spend time in the area, and I was
worried about them. You all have my sympathies. It's a shame it happened
after the attacks on America, because it sure deserves more notice, like the
shooting in Switzerland.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland