Re: [NTLK] Higher sampling rate

From: John M. Powell (iwillbefreedotcom_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 23:23:57 EDT

Max record speed with VoiceNotes is 2.5k/sec. The Newton is a
speedy little unit itself, but the hardware limitations of
it's internal circuitry don't stretch that far.

We have had some discussions in the past of trying to create
a PMA (Personal Music Assistant) out of the Newton. Were this
to truly be successful, it'd most likely require a PCMCIA
sound card. And who knows whether we could get the Newt and
card to communicate to each other as well. A short while back
I tried to find a PCMCIA audio card. Either I wasn't looking
in the right place or they just aren't a popular item. I
did find this little gem...
http://www.digigram.com/products/getinfo.htm?prod_key=9000
The card itself certainly could handle your requirements.
Whether the Newton could actually do anything with it. Hmm...

John