Re: [NTLK] various eMate hardware questions

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 11:02:13 EDT

> randomly, sometimes I can provoke a reaction. The eMate says "There=B4s
> nothing to print", "There=B4s nothing to undo" etc. - when I=B4m lucky,
some
> letters do appear. The power and light keys do also not work.
Did you check for shorts? This looks like a depressed AppleKey. Maybe
there's some conductive material between the Apple key wire and ground or
whatever the other pole is. Did you take aparat the keys, especially the
Apple key and clean everything?
A depressed Apple key should pop-up the kbd help for some seconds, but it
appears only on the switching on edge and I think the help disappears after
a short time by itself.

Would you part with this unit or deal it for e.g. a MP130 with charger and
second NiMH accu set? Its nearly impossible to get a used eMate in EU/CH.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing