Re: [NTLK] WARNING: NTK no longer runs under MacOS X 10.1

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael_at_michael-hussmann.de)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 15:47:51 EDT

Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com) wrote:

> As of OS X 10.1, NTK doesn't launch anymore. You double-click it and it
> starts to load, but then it displays an alert saying that an unknown error
> has occurred and that it can't run.

The "unknown error" upon launch usually means that NTK can't find a
serial channel of some kind -- that's why you need the internal V.90
modem extension on Macs without serial ports, or NTK won't run (this took
me a while to find out after I had deleted the modem extension -- I never
use my Cube's internal modem anyway -- and NTK reported the infamous
"unknown error"). I haven't installed 10.1 yet, so I can't check this,
but I guess that Classic cannot access the internal modem anymore.

NTK runs fine under Mac OS 9.2.1, BTW.

- Michael

Michael J. Hussmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de