[NTLK] Backgrounds almost conquered!

From: UnravelUI_at_aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 02:05:09 EDT

Hey, much thanks to everyone offering suggestions on how to improve my background-making. However, even though they're looking better than ever, I'm still having a problem with thresholding.

Now, it's not my BMP files that have the thresholding problem. It seems to be Newton Press itself - because the images are guaranteed error-diffused, but whenever I load the picture into Newton Press, it thresholds - and when I load it into my eMate, the thresholding is still there - like Newton Press isn't happy with more than four shades of gray.

So any more suggestions? I see from Avi's web site that there are tricks involving BookMaker and Newt's Cape - but as I don't have a Mac and I don't plan on connecting my eMate to the Internet, these kinda don't work. So I'm crossing my fingers that one of y'all will have some insight.

Thanks!
-David