Re: [NTLK] 3.3a9 status

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 00:19:02 EST

At 04:12 PM 11/29/2001 -0500, you wrote:

> > From: David Orriss Jr <dave_at_davenet.net>
> > Subject: Re: [NTLK] 3.3a9 status
> >
> > Steve,
> >
> > I was just trying out 3.3a9 last night. I don't know how *useable* it is
> > to operate VNC in server mode, but damn it was *cool*!! :-)
>
>is usability mostly a speed issue? (this might be improved in future via
>smarter encoding, and perhaps some selective C++ optimizations, and/or
>lower-level comm support (Paul's NIL project)).

Oh no.. it's *very* functional.. I just don't know how I would
*practically* put the server mode to use, that's all.. :-)

> > I did run into some repaint bugs in server mode with Avi's Backdrop and MI
> > 5.05's "At a glance" feature.
>
>I expect there will continue to be some display glitches, especially
>if apps open up subviews dynamically (or via glance). it may be possible to
>patch these in advance, but this can get more complicated.
>
> > I'll try running one newt in server mode and talking to it from newtvnc
> > client mode tonight, time willing.
>
>great. let me (us) know how it works...

Cool.. I'll be doing it in a bit.. I have a few Java projects I'm jumbling
right now so I have only a little time for the fun stuff.. :-)

--
David Orriss Jr.
dave_at_davenet.net

ICQ UIN: XXXXXX <--- Please email me if you want my ICQ number.