Re: [NTLK] P-USB x SER001

From: Fábio Palma (newton.pda_at_terra.com.br)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 16:27:38 EST

    Dear Friends,

    When I started the research about P-USB (the name of the project) I
decide to stay the MP2k untouched, like an original. But doing this I need
to slow down the speed at the old serial transfer. The only way to increase
that transfer speed is changing internal hardware, and I'm not interested on
this changes, I'm only doing an add to our Netws.
    The advantages of the P-UBS are communicate between Newton and any
computer runnig Win 95/98/2000/Me/Xp, Mac OS8 and OS9, and Linux, without
any special cable. You will need only one USB cable like the new printers
use. This is very important because new Macs don't have serial, like new PCs
(my presario notebook don't have serial), and with de P-USB will be possible
to communicate with all new machines.
    Like SER-001 the P-USB will be placed on the free space besides the
Newts serial, and will use the little plastic door on the back of Newton.

COMING SOON!

Kind regards

Fabio Palma