Re: [NTLK] Potential for large number of bounced messages?

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 15:58:36 EST

at the temporal coordinates: 11/29/01 3:48 PM, the entity known as James
Elliott at rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com conveyed the following:

> MacAddict says that you can.
>
>>> If you are on a Mac, get a Mac.com address, unsubscribe and subscribe to
>>> the list again, Apple probably won't go out of business any time soon.
>>
>> Can folks who are still on MacOS 8.1 use that stuff? Do they have dialup
>> connectivity?

Actually, I just went to that article and it appeared to my reading that an
OS 8.1 could NOT use it, at least not w/o going to 'heroic' measures.

My plan right now is to dust off my 33.6 modem, load the s/w on one of my
machines and just use the AOL account. If the shutdown appears it will be
long/permanent, I'll probably get EarthLink DSL. Unless anyone in the
DC/NoVA area knows of a reason not to go with them, that is... My quick
research (based on the Washington Post's page that presents all the local
DSL providers) is that they appear to have the best deal. And, apparently
my neighborhood *can* get DSL now.

BTW, anyone have any favorite e-mail aliasing/forwarding providers to
recommend??

- Eric.