Re: [NTLK] More on Apple wont fix it!

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 14:51:22 EST

On 11/29/01 2:18 PM, "Laurent Daudelin" <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com>
wrote:

>=20
> On 11/29/01 1:16 PM, "Loren Finkelstein" <Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net> wrote:
>=20
>> Here's another update on Apple's lack of support.
>>=20
>> Now they are claiming that, not only is my Newton beyond economical repa=
ir,
>> but every single component is broken, and it is non-functional.
>>=20
>> I admit that it was pretty banged up when I sent it in, but it absolutel=
>> worked. I thought they would fix it (or replace it) even if it was
>> completely dead, so I had no reason to claim it was working before hand.
>>=20
>> But it was.
>>=20
>> And now it's not.
>>=20
>> And they won't do a damn thing. They say that's how it was when they
>> received it and they take no responsibility!
>>=20
>> Blah!!!
>>=20
>> I'd say that I would think twice before buying another Apple product, bu=
>> who am I kidding. I don't have that kind of will power. But I am pisse=
d.
>>=20
>> I would understand (reluctantly) if they couldn't fix it, but I can't
>> believe they are sending it back in worse condition than when I sent it =
in.
>=20
> That's clearly not acceptable. If you can't talk to anybody in power over
> there, I would contact the Better Business Bureau in the Cupertino area a=
nd
> create a complain. You can do that online, just look for their web site.
>=20
> I was stuck in a deal that I didn't realize how expensive it would be and
> thought that the conditions to get out of the deals were not reasonable. =
So,
> I did do a search on the BBB web site to see if the company that I had a
> problem with was member and found out they were.
>=20
> So, I filed a complain online. A few days later, I received a letter from
> the BBB local to where the company was that basically notified me that th=
ey
> would handle the complain. Then, maybe a week later, I did receive a lett=
er
> from the company saying that, although I wasn't respecting the provisions=
 of
> the agreement, they were understanding that I wanted to breach that
> agreement and they agreed to do so.
>=20
> I would try to do that. Just the bad publicity that a company can get fro=
m a
> bad record on something like the BBB can be enough to make them move...
>=20
> -Laurent.

Here's the BBB page on Apple. I don't think it would make a difference.
Besides, I'll never get a job at the Genius Bar is I sick the BBB on them.
:-)

Loren

***********************
BBB Reliability Report

Apple Computer

General Information

Main Address: 1 Inifinite Loop #352P
=A0 Cupertino, CA 95014
Phone Number: (408) 996-1010
Type-of-Business Classification:
Number of Employees: 0
Principal: Brad Clark

Customer Experience

Based on BBB complaint files, this company has an unsatisfactory record wit=
the Bureau due to one or more unanswered and/or two or more otherwise
unresolved complaints.