Re: [NTLK] Newton 2002

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 05:26:35 EST

> > You know I doubt voice regonition will be "that" useful on PDAs, because
> > you tends to use PDAs on the road, and how strange would it be when
> > people see you talking to a PDA ...
> People go around talking to their cell phones now... [user opens up flip
lid,
> phone responds] "Who would you like to call?" [user says] "Sam Johnson"...
For the moment I can't imagine full voice control of e.g. a desktop
computer. Consider only a large scale office with dozens of desks in one
single room... :-) But a sort of basic voice commands to execute simple
things like answering dialogs or e.g. selection of the register letter on
opening names would be nice to have. Or a program to capture voice readings
of numbers into a table and allowing hands-free notes.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing