Re: [NTLK] [OT]Newton Dreams

From: Eckhart Koeppen (eck1000_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 14:51:18 EST

BK wrote:

> Anyway, if you were to follow that method then you'd wait until iPod
> Version 1.1 is released. The chance is that it won't whine and will
> handle VBR just fine and whatever other glitches it might have right now
> may be fixed too. Further it is likely to be cheaper then because you
> always pay for the privilege to be first.

Hey, you're adding insult to injury ;) - but you are absolutely right.
If you can resist, just wait and you get either a better price for the
1.0 version or an improved 1.x version. I did that with my iMac and the
Newton but not with the TiBook and the iPod and got promptly burned: the
TiBook had a defective FireWire port (they exchanged the logic board
twice) and the iPod whines. But in the age of lemon laws, Fry's return
policy and Apple Care, I'm willing to take the risk. And I really enjoy
both the TiBook and the iPod, even though there are some flaws. In
addition, I had a definite need for both products and was waiting
already for some time that had specs like that.

> Also, the joy of looking forward to something is part of the fun and it
> increases the excitement when you finally get what you longed for ;-)

Yes, but for me the even the time between ordering and receiving is too
long ;)

Eckhart

--
                   -- eck_at_40hz.org -- www.40hz.org --