[NTLK] ANN: LOTR Trilogy redone in an improved newton book format

From: Marcus Hilderbrand (marcus.hilderbrand_at_excite.com)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 13:43:16 EST

Hello,

When it was announced that LOTR trilogy I downloaded them and installed
them. I was dismayed to see that there were no TOC ( when you hit the
overview button ) and each chapter was not easy to find and did not have
titles and chapter numbers. Also it did not have any of the "maps and
graphics" associated with the trilogy developed by Tolkien himself.

I took it upon myself to make the first section of the trilogy myself so
that it was easier to use/read/find information. Now if you go to the
overview button and tap it you can tap any of the chapter titles and it will
go to that exact chapter in the book. My next project is to add in the maps
and graphics such as they are ( this will make the books much larger... )

First off I must mention that it is in landscape format and for the MP2x00
only. ( will work on e-mate also ) I had to do it in this way as to
preserve the formatting of the original masterpiece.

If anyone would like to see a screen shot or to have a much cleaner version
of the FOTR books you can e-mail me and I will put it up on my website for
one and all to read ( it's a much cleaner looking format and that I like
better )

No I don't want to start a flame war on this or to make the original person
who made the books into newton book format feel bad but I thought it would
be nice to release another version.

I was able to obtain the books in text format from the Internet... I know
how to find these things and I have now found that it is much easier to read
in the format that I have put them in.

No hard feelings please

Thanks all
keep the green