Re: [NTLK] [OT]Newton Dreams

From: Eckhart Koeppen (eck1000_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 13:01:20 EST

BK wrote:

> So now, I use 96, high for modern and 112, highest for classical, but
> always with VBR.

Thanks for the information, I was always a bit too lazy to play around
with different enconding levels... and there are some songs in my
library that somehow do suffer from a fixed 128 encoding, so VBR should
help.

Too bad that the iPod has some problems handling VBR files. It seems
that it gets confused about the length of the songs and cuts them off
before they end. I haven't tried that myself, but it's being discussed
on Apple's support pages.

Eckhart

--
                   -- eck_at_40hz.org -- www.40hz.org --