[NTLK] Apple won't fix my Newton!!!

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 09:53:21 EST

Ok, you all might remember that a week or 2 ago I sent my upgraded MP2K in
to Apple for a $180 overhaul, after having dropped it and cracked the frame
(It still worked though).

I just got a message on my answering machine from them. Essentially they
said that my Newton is "beyond economical repair." It has a lot of broken
components and would pretty much need to be replaced and/or rebuilt from
scratch?

So, they are just shipping it back to me, still broken!!!

I have very distinct memories of people here mentioning that they shipped
back Newtons that had been crushed and Apple replaced them.

An I nuts? Do I have anything I can say to this guy on the phone that might
get him to do something???

The message said they would ship it back to me tomorrow (Wednesday) if they
didn't hear from me. He said he didn't want to just ship it back after
leaving a message on my machine, without talking to me. So, quick responses
would be helpful.

Thanks,
Loren