Re: [NTLK] Rhapsody == OS X

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 07:21:33 EST

on 11/27/01 7:49 AM, BK at bk_newtontalk_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> "Q: Is MacOS X the same as Rhapsody ?
>
> A: No, MacOS X is not Rhapsody."
>
> That is Apple who said that.
>
> I tried to find the article again, but because we went through so many
> articles, I simply can't recall exactly which one it was. I make no
> promises but I will keep looking and if I find it I'll post the link.
>
> In any event pleas don't blame me for what Apple says. I am not an Apple
> employee.

There is a very, very good reason for Apple to disclaim X as being Rhapsody.
Rhapsody will probably be forever linked with the dark days at Apple, and it
is a Good Thing to separate themselves from those days. Whether X is the
final result of Rhapsody or not, they would never lay claim to it. It's a
reminder of that Shakespeare line, "methinks he protesteth too much." (or
something to that effect.)

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side.