Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V1 #369

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 05:38:30 EST

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd <jbond_at_eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Faces in Names

>If you don't mind, how do you get the sizes to apply in SnapIt!?
>I went into the Preferences and created a 64x74 size (as you
>suggested) but every time I tap the SnapIt! icon to get the
>frame, it just uses the last frame size I chose. I know I can
>drag to create a frame box of the right size, but the
>Preferences settings implies there is a way to do it
>automatically. Am I on the right track?

Thanks for screwing up my settings! (kidding) - I forgot how to do this,
so it took me a few frantic minutes

1) Prefs -> SnapIt -> "New" button; set clipping size. You can create
multiple choices, and give them different names.
2) Activate the SnapIt app (I keep mine on my ButtonBar).
3) A "marching ants" rectangle appears, DOUBLE TAP its border, and a
dialog box appears "Select Clipping Size"
4) Select the size you want. You can move the selection rectangle
anywhere on-screen by a tap-pause-drag (don't lift pen until done) in
the middle of the rectangle.

Mark Rollins
mark_at_mrollins.com
www.mrollins.com