Re: [NTLK] fixing broken dongle port

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 03:04:24 EST

on 25-11-2001 6:32, greenguy at greenguy_at_oanet.com wrote:

> I am considering purchasing a spare mp2k. I found one for relatively cheap
> but the dongle port has been pushed in.
>
> I have heard this problem discussed before, but wanted to clarify with you
> guys weather this was something that your average computer hardware tech(me)
> could fix. Is it likely that this port can be re-soldered to the board?

How average, can be done, but very difficult.
But if you plan using a keyboard and since it's a spare anyway you might
want to consider getting an Ethernet card.
I've been surviving for over a year without any serial connection, but
you'll need another Newt in the vicinity in case you have to do a brain wipe
or if you loose data in another way.

Robert Benschop