Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V1 #365

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 11:36:11 EST

> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Newton Dreams
> Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 00:08:25 +0900
> From: Sushi <Sushi_at_ragingbull.com>
>
> The iPod seemed to drive them to a level that was louder than I wanted to
> listen.
>
> However, that level may not be loud enough for you.
>
> I would wait and take one for a test drive first before you buy.
> Especialy if the degree of loudness is a critical criteria for you.
> While the iPod did go to a level that was too loud for me, based on what
> I gleaned from your scale, the iPod may not be loud enough for you.

I will test it, of course. Just a little bit too much money to shoot in the
dark. I just remember the day I went out to buy the smallest MiniDisc-Player
on the market, and returned empty handed, as it could not compete with the
one I had, regarding the amplifier.
It's not just a matter of max. volume, but also of control.
I don't need something that's loud to a deafening level, but then just
produces blurr.
From this perspective, I guess a Newton with headphones would not be for me
as well - CMIIW.

> Sorry that I can't be more difinitive.

Looking at my question again, that would be impossible ;)

Thanks,

Oliver :)

--
Need a Screen Protector to keep your Newton in tip top shape?
Go to <http://www.NuShield.net> for NuShield screen protectors.