Re: [NTLK] EasterEggs

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 08:24:42 EST

Subject: [NTLK] Re - EasterEggs
Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de (Frank Gruendel)

>> - Play around with both batteries removed, popping them in and out,
>>tapping Reset until you get a Diagnostic Screen. This is different that
>>the connection/debug screen, as it includes a lot of menu choices for
>>service techs; also has an option (which is disabled) to turn on
>>"deferred recognition" which didn't make it until OS 1.3 (pre-OS 1.3)

>There's an easier way to get at this mode. Your way might take days.
>See www.pda-soft.de (hardware section) for details.

Then I guess there should be 2 different Easter egggs, as I was
referring
to an OMP, way before it became an MP100 (about 2 days after it was
released - I remember posting this on Compuserve). The OMP was running
OS 1.03 as I recall, and the screen was a bit different that the one you
show
at http://www.pda-soft.de/diagmode.html Of course, since the OMP has
no holes for jumpers, my way might take a few minutes, but your way
would take forever! It also doesn't appear to work once the OMP was
upgraded to an MP100 (as mine was).

- OMP diagnostic screen: play around with both batteries removed,
popping them in and out, tapping Reset until you get a Diagnostic
Screen.
This is different that the connection/debug screen, as it includes a lot
of
menu choices for service techs; also has an option (which is disabled)
turn on "deferred recognition" which didn't make it until OS 1.3 (OMP)

 - There is a diagnostic screen built into the MP120 & 130, OS 2, which
give
a similar - but not identical - diagnostic screen. It involves using a
jumper to
connect the two tiny holes closest to the Reset button in the battery
compartment. Remove all power, insert the jumper, and power it up via an
AC adapter. Directions can also be found at
http://www.pda-soft.de/diagmode.html

---
Mark Rollins
mark_at_mrollins.com